Wednesday, September 07, 2005

To helicopter crews of Katrina...


Dashing into Boston Class B Airspace
Originally uploaded by radioflyer7.

In these past days, the world has seen the power of mother nature and the devastation it sometimes can bring. Every other TV footage and media image inevitably has helicopters plucking people out of the water, away from their rooftops, or dropping the most critical supplies to the desparately needed. My hat off to the crews in this profession.

I got a helicopter license a year ago with a secret (and lofty?) dream of being able to help people in times like this. Of course, it's a long long way going from a weekend pilot to a professional with tens of thousands of hours on multi-million-dollar aircrafts. It won't be my turn anytime soon. =( These men and women are doing what the world needs them to do desparately. I respect them. And I envy them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home