Thursday, April 03, 2008

Pre-season


Pre-season Exhibition, originally uploaded by radioflyer007.

This was the last 2008 Dodgers pre-season exhibition game. This one, they happened to be hosting the Boston Red Sox who, might I add, are THE 2007 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!! This was also the day before the Dodgers season opener, in a year that's their 50th anniversary in Southern California. It was a blue sea of Dodgers fans and high spirits.

For me, it was a great male bonding time with friends and not so much a good game for the Sox. Personally, I was just dying for some Red Sox back in my blood in this lonely and far corner of the Red Sox Nation... It was hard to contain the excitement as I passed the many Red Sox fans in the parking lot and in the stadium. I literally wanted to go up to each of them and give them a big bear hug, or perhaps more appropriately just a high-five. Or maybe just a knowing smile. Or maybe just nothing so I didn't look like a crazy fanatical fan. But is there anything wrong with a "fanatical fan?" That's where the word "fan" comes from afterall (maybe?). And I am certainly not that fanatical by any means.

I miss the comradery of the Boston fandom.

I miss my friends in Boston.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home